Saturday, November 29, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving





We celebrated Thanksgiving Honduras style. :) We all pitched in to cook the meal for the day. We had all the normals...turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, homemade bread, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, salad, macaroni and cheese, corn, stuffing, cranberry sauce, fruit salad, etc. However, being true to this country we call home we also had guacamole and beans. :) I laughed so much as I looked down at the variety of foods on my plate. Yet the variety didn't end there. Simply scanning the faces in the room reminded me of how different this Thanksgiving was. Instead of the faces of my family members I saw a new kind of family. A group of people who had accepted me as their own and people who my heart has grown equally fond of. With the kiddos and all our guests there were 45 or so of us crowded in the house. We laughed, joked, and ate until we were sick. The kids had a BLAST. They are still talking about the great food we had to eat. My list of what I'm thankful for has certainly grown since last year. God is constantly showering this girl with blessings. Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. I hope that you took the time to appreciate the blessings of the past year. 

No comments: