Friday, February 4, 2011

Father God

When I first moved to Honduras a mission team came to work with us for a week. During their time there they did nightly devotional time and would sing. One night they sang a song called Father God. It quickly became one of my favorite songs. I used to lay in bed with the kids at the orphanage and sing them to sleep with the song. In fact I sang it so often that they quickly learned the words and sang along with me. It is my prayer for their lives as well as my own life.

Father God just for today
Help me walk the narrow way
Help me stand when I might fall
Lend me the strength to hear your call

Refrain
May my steps be worship,
May my thoughts be praise,
May my words bring honor to Your name,
May my steps be worship,
May my thoughts be praise,
May my words bring honor to Your name.

No comments: