Saturday, May 12, 2007

Katty

Katty has been sick the past few days. My momma's heart can't handle that. It started Thursday and has continued. She was kind of out of it Thursday evening and fell asleep early. They didn't think much of it and just put her to bed. Well she woke up around 9:30 screaming and asking for me. I of course went over to get her and as soon as I picked her up could tell she had a fever. She was burning up. After getting meds in her I put her in my bed and lay down with her for a bit. However, about 15 minutes after I left her she woke screaming for me and this time when I went to her she ended up throwing up everywhere! Let’s just say that when I had doubts about my abilities as a mother and people told me it was different when it was your own child...they were right. I didn't think twice about scooping her up and cuddling her or carrying her puke covered self to the shower. As I got her cleaned up and dressed Colby stripped the bed and cleaned up the mess. What a good welcome for Colbs on her second night here! She didn’t even complain. She simply got the job done while I took care of the other stuff that needed done. We will just chalk it up as good practice for both of us!
Together we put new sheets on the bed and got new blankets before singing her back to sleep. This time she slept for about 25 minutes before waking up puking....oh yes all over the new sheets, blankets, and clothing. Only this time she had attempted to get to the trash can I had “ingeniously” put beside the bed. Like I really expected a 3 year old to realize she was about to puke and get herself to the trash can in time! I mean seriously someone really should put out a handbook for situations like this! For all of the parents reading this you can imagine the situation from there. It most certainly was all over the floor, rug, books, etc. It gave me a whole new appreciation for the term “blowing chunks!” As we went through the motions once again I was praying that she didn't have anything else left in that little stomach!:) Needless to say it was a long night of little sleep for me. She then spent all day yesterday sick. Her fever got to about 103.4 and I was a basket case. However, she is much better now! Thank you Jesus...let’s see if I can get a full night’s sleep tonight and it will all be good.

No comments: