Wednesday, April 9, 2008

One month

So yesterday officially marked one month to the day since we found little miss Isabel. To me the time seems to have flown by! I have watched her grow and change so much in that short amount of time. She is making eye contact these days and holding it. She is starting to lift her head and look around. She can now role from side to side and moves all over the bed. All four of her limbs stretch all the way out now and lay more normally more often than not these days. She looks like a completely different from the little girl we found that first night. We've definitely walked some miles together she and I......I can tell you what the names of every med she is on and when she needs to take it. Heck I even know what they each smell like. I know which meds she hates and has to have mixed in with something else to get her to take it at all. I know the stubborn gleam she gets in her eye that means she isn't going to do anything you want her to until she decides to. i know what her mad cry sounds like...her hurt cry...her scared cry. I know every scar, bump, bruise, and speck on her little body. I know that she likes her hair played with when she is going to sleep and her feet rubbed when she is hurting. I know that she loves the color red and finds music/singing to be soothing. When she was in the hospital they would bring each of her meals on one tray and a meal for me on a second tray...the card on my tray always said "para la mama." (for the mom). All the nurses (whom I know the names of as well as most of their life stories) referred to me as Isabel's mom and talk to Isabel about her momma (me!). We have bonded on the deeper level than I even thought possible. I have no idea how long God is leaving her in my life but I am thankful for each day we are given. I love this little one...she is mine in every way I know how to say it. Heck while she was in the hospital she needed a blood transfusion and when it came time for it all eyes (of the doctors) turned to me to give the blood for it. I of course rolled up my sleeve and stuck out my arm. I would give it all to her if it is what she needed. So you know that saying flesh and blood...we are well on our way!:) For those of you who don't know me so well let me just say I HATE NEEDLES! I'm a baby ...plain and simple. So yea...she's mine. I think that makes it official! For now I'm going to be done with this update. However, my sweet friends have created a blog address just for Izzy. Between all of us there should be fairly frequent updates and pictures going up. It just saves those of you who want Izzy updates from having to sort through my blog to find it. So check out hopeforhungrychildren.blogspot.com .....to entice you a little I put up a blog on there about her condition and updates from the past couple weeks. I will also be adding pics very soon:) ENJOY.

No comments: