Thursday, May 8, 2008







I had the privilege of spending this past week with my lil sis (of sorts) Emily and Grandma AJ this past week. They spent the week loving on my kiddos and nurturing this heart in ways I didn't even know I was needing it. On top of that they got to meet and fall in love with my Izzy which is ALWAYS special for me. However, I would have to say one of my favorite moments with them was during one of their first days here. We went down the road to one of our neighbors homes and made corn tortillas. We got to walk through the entire process start to finish. We rolled the dough, flattened them out, placed them on the "stove" and took them off and placed them in the basket. As you can see from the second picture we weren't so great at regulating the size of our tortillas. None the less it was great fun. AND they weren't just any tortillas ....they are the tortillas that we buy for Casa each day! :) It was a fun experience for sure and one I loved sharing with Em and AJ! 

No comments: