Saturday, March 17, 2007

Prayer

So never before have I realized just how sweet prayer is until I So never before have I realized just how sweet prayer is until I watched my little ones put their hands together, bow their heads, and talk to God. Every day at meals they beg to be the one that gets to do the meal prayer. Then the one that is chosen begins thanking God for the food and then names off each one of the kids and adults in their lives and thanks God for them as well. However, more often than not there are one or two other kids that sit with their eyes closed repeating each name that the child saying prayer says. At first I wanted to shush them and give the other child their moment but how could I ever tell a child they shouldn't be praying or even repeating a prayer? When was the last time we begged to be the one that prayed? When was the last time that praying mattered that much to us? It is serious business for them and should be for us too. It is amazing how watching a child can remind us of the way our own spiritual lives should look. Just a reminder that just because they are children doesn't mean we can't learn something from them.

No comments: