Monday, November 29, 2010

Christmas tree

It's that time of year again....tree time. Let me just tell you that Christmas tree buying/decorating is quite a dilemma in the Lauer household. I like tall trees, dad likes fat trees, and mom likes shapely well trimmed trees. I like white lights and dad likes colored lights. Mom doesn't like holes and bad spots in the tree. Dad always looks at the trunk to make sure that it will easily go in the stand. Etc etc etc. We could all go to the tree lot together and each find a completely different "perfect" tree.

This year was no exception. The tree was picked out, complained about, and put up! :) Regardless of the complications surrounding getting the tree I LOVE the whole experience. I love that we disagree and are all so different in our tree taste. I love the familiarity and tradition of it all. We each get to pick out an ornament every year to hang on the tree. We always have peanut butter fudge and listen to Christmas music while we decorate the tree. We are creatures of habit for sure! :) My sister and I used to take turns on who got to put the angel on the top of the tree....then I grew too big for dad to lift so that ended! ;)

I hope each of you have holiday traditions that you are enjoying with your families. I just LOVE this time of years.

No comments: