Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Thunderbolt

For those of you who have watched the Godfather there is a part in the middle where the son is sent to another country to seek refuge and protection after he commits a double murder in the middle of a restaurant. While in this other country he encounters a young lady and from the first moment he sees her he is in love. Some of the locals refer to this sudden infatuation as "thunder-bolting." The girl made eye contact and it was like thunder struck and the man was helpless to do anything but follow after her like a love sick puppy.

I'm sure you are sitting there wondering where in the heck I'm going with this....well my roommate Addy IS that girl in the movie. Her abilities to "thunder bolt" guys never ceases to amaze me. She doesn't even have to try. I'm not kidding you when I say I've watched as she barely says two words to a guy and he has fallen hard. She turns "tough guys" into mush and has them calling her pet names in no time at all. While we were in NYC 3 different guys, complete strangers walking by, noticed her and found themselves unable to just let her walk away. It really is quite remarkable.

Now I have several theories of how she does this and I like to give her crap about it. However, I have no trouble figuring out why they fall for her. She is gorgeous both inside and out. She is one of those people who just glows with joy. She has the most amazing and infectious laugh. She is kind and caring. She has the best facial expressions of anyone I know. She is just one of those people who you can't help but gravitate towards and want to get to know better. So every time she "thunder bolts" guys I just use it as a reminder of how lucky I am that she chose me to be her best friend.

How could you not love this girl? :)

No comments: