Monday, December 11, 2006

Gods answers

So I just had a huge thing written in this blog and my computer froze and I lost it all. Long story short some of you may know but I have spent the last week contemplating and praying about an offer I was presented with that would allow me to work/live at an orphanage in Honduras. As I sat praying this morning I was fearful. I didn't know what to do or if i was supposed to be going. I didn't know if I was prepared enough to do this. I was starting to think it would be better if God sent someone else. I had some good prayer time with God and had lots of question. While in prayer I had my itunes playing. As I ended up my prayers and sat down at my computer to work on a paper the song below began to pay. I hadn't paid much attention that a new song was on or what it was. However the music changes a little between the first and second second and it grabbed my attention. As it did I heard these words....."But I listened when You said to go And I set out in spite of my fears About truth mixed with my imperfection And the question of what to say when I got here" I sat back in awe. God was answering the prayers that had just left my lips seconds before. He truly is amazing. I have felt every emotion there is to feel in the past week because of the decisions but every time I feel I have come to a wall that will stop me from going God tears down that wall like it is made of legos or something. I'm scared.....I'm confused....but I'm going. I don't know when for sure yet but I'm going.
Walking with you is not without hazardsTrippings this traveler's cursePrice paid for falling is more than my stumbleIn a world that is watching and waiting for worseBut I listened when You said to goAnd I set out in spite of my fearsAbout truth mixed with my imperfectionAnd the question of what to say when I got hereAnd now that I'm hereShould I tell them that You are the one who has made meAnd saved me and set up a home there insideShould I tell them that I am a perfect exampleOf all You can do with a life.What should I say to them?What if I'm failing them?What should i tell the tonight?Now don't get me wrongI'm thankful to be hereWith this song to sing and a spotlight on me,But lately I'm wondering if you are mistaken,If you're seeing all of me there is to see.Cause on every face I detectThe same questions I've posed to you Like do you speak through the imperfectAre we too dirty for your light to get through?I want your light to get through.What should I tell them whenThey're thirsty LordMy cup is empty LordCome and lead me here in this placeCuz I'm unashamed, but I'm unpreparedAnd I'm just plain afraid

No comments: