Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Felix

If you have been watching the news at all most of you already realize that Hurricane Felix is threatening to do a number on the country that I have come to know as home and the people that I have come to know as my own. As I sit in my apartment miles from the threat of storm damage or danger I am engulfed with a fear that comes from having your loved ones in danger. A fear that comes with the knowledge that I'm not there and the only thing I get to do is get down on my knees and pray. Don't get me wrong I'm a huge advocate for prayer. I've seen its powers and I've stood back many times and watched it work. However, for those of you who are parents you can relate to the feeling of wanting to be there to shelter you little ones from whatever storm may be brewing in their lives. This momma heart is certainly longing to be there instead of having to sit on the sidelines waiting for updates. So I ask that you all would pray....not only for Casa but also for the people of Honduras. Between the Hurricane hitting, mudslides, flooding, etc. this storm could be very fatal. I started this blog out with ....."been watching the news" and I want to end with that. May it be a reminder to each of us of just how blessed we truly are. We are thousands of miles away from the Honduran coast that is being pummeled right now by Felix yet we are getting live coverage and updates on what is happening. Thousands of Hondurans have no access to a radio let alone a television. Therefore, this storm is about to blindside them. What a privileged group we are to not only be able to know the storm happenings of the entire world but more importantly the storms that are going to hit us. Thanks to the technology that we take for granted daily we know what type of weather to expect before we even walk out our front doors in the morning....heck we know what type of weather to expect for Friday before we even get into the office Monday morning. All that to say...be thankful for our many blessings and get down on your knees in prayer for those that are being affected by Felix's wrath.

No comments: