Monday, July 16, 2007


So much has been happening around here lately that I don't even know where to begin. The devil has been hitting us hard lately and doing his best to rip us apart at the seams. Two weeks ago this Monday right around bed time 4 of our oldest boys decided it would be fun to run away. I don't know how many of you have ever watched movies where kids go missing. You know the ones I'm talking about....everyone in the neighborhood gets involved. They go out with flashlights in hand and start walking through the area the children were last seen while screaming out their names. Now picture that frantic momma on scene that is really freaking…in a panic…scared to death. Well I’ve not only seen those types of movies I’ve lived through it. I was that frantic mother stumbling around through the woods begging for the children to come to her. Well long story short we searched for an hour before Jen (who had taken the truck out looking) found them 2 miles up the road hitchhiking! When we asked why they ran they said they were heading for El Salvador because they could make lots of money there. Oh children! Well then 4 days later they tried the same thing only this time they left in the afternoon and it took us until 10 or so to finally find them. They were holed up in some random person’s home freezing their butts off. They came home and were put to bed with no dinner. A good lesson if they really thought they wanted to be out on the roads again. They also mentioned they had been running because the other kids didn’t want them there. So if you all could be praying about that it would be nice. We need the kids to learn to get along. Then the next day Jen JT and I left for an hour to meet some friends of mine at the local restaurant and returned to find that Fitto had been sniffing paint thinner and was high as a kite. They have been painting the new building we are putting up here and someone had left the empty bottle of paint thinner just lying around. He had been throwing up all day and we weren’t sure why. We ended up having to take him to the hospital where they gave him meds. He puked for 2 days but seems fine. I don’t think he’ll be doing anything like that anytime soon! Mario broke out in a rash that lasted for days. We had to take him to the hospital two days back to back about it. We are getting to the place where they know us by name at the emergency room. Finally, we have had lots of sick children lately. I mean really really sick children.

No comments: