Sunday, February 4, 2007

The little moments

I sat today thinking of how hard it is to be here and have everyone else at home. Not necessarily because I long to be home but because I wish those from home could be here. I want them to experience what I get to experience because no matter how many times I try and explain it my words will never do justice to the precious memories I am making. It isn't so much the big things that happen here like Marjuri getting hurt or Fernando riding his bike for the first time that I struggle to find the words for but the little moments. It is those moments where I wake up in the wee hours of the morning to find a little one with their head snuggled up against my neck. It is those moments when one kiddo has candy and instead of eating it all themselves they share with all the others. It is those moments when they are swinging on their stomachs on the swing singing and talking and giggling to themselves as if they are having the time of their life. They are moments that I can tell you about but never truly share with you because you will never get to hear the sweet harmonic sound of their laughter as they simply enjoy life. It is then when my heart is so full with what I get to do and see here that I miss those from home most and long to have them here with me.

No comments: