Saturday, April 21, 2007

Overwhelmed

Do you ever feel overwhelmed, as if all of the worlds problems just got placed on your shoulders? Do you ever feel like 24 hours is simply not enough time to accomplish everything on your to-do list? Do you ever feel like if you get one more thing that you have to do in X amount of time that you may just lose it all together. There are definitely moments when I feel so overwhelmed with life that I want to tuck my tail between my legs and run for the hills. Then I am reminded that God is bigger than my to-do list. He knew all my shortcomings before He entrusted me with all the responsibilities and jobs that I have to do. I'm also reminded of how grateful I am that God sees me with eyes of love instead of condemnation. On the days when I lose my temper with the kids, fail to meet a a deadline with my schoolwork, or miss a chance to help someone I'm immensely thankful that God is the patient, loving, always-seeing-the-best-in-me kind of Father. I'm far from perfect. I mess up daily. I often bite off more than I can chew and have a hard time saying no when it comes down to adding thing number 157 to my to-do list. However, God is changing me and perfecting me. AND He is doing the same for you. He understands when we miss the mark. He cheers us on when we take a step closer to Him. He always loves us when we are at our very worst. So the next time you're feeling overwhelmed, ill-equipped, or totally clueless just remind yourself that God adores you.

No comments: