Friday, September 19, 2008

Going Home Part 2

There is no doubt about it… God is good to this girl! I made it to Miami airport AHEAD OF TIME! I then made it through customs, picked up my luggage, rechecked my luggage, and made it out into the terminal in just 25 minutes! Since I had extra time to spare I decided to run by the Delta counter in hopes that they would be able to simply print my Atlanta – Cleveland ticket ahead of time. That way I could save myself some time in Atlanta and give myself a better chance of making that flight. As I came to the Delta counter I was pleasantly surprised to see that just a couple of people stood in line. Joining them I waited maybe 5 minutes before it was my turn. Explaining what had happened I asked if I could get my ticket. The lady assured me that it was indeed possible and within minutes she handed me both of my boarding passes for the remaining two flights. She pointed me in the direction of the terminal I would need and I was on my way. I made it through security and to my gate with extra time to spare. Even better than that….right beside my gate was a Starbucks where I indulged in my favorite Starbucks beverage. Oh how I had missed such simple pleasures!

I boarded my flight and headed for Atlanta. I arrived in Atlanta, took the tram to my terminal, and made it to my gate with enough time to use the restroom and make a quick phone call. Then it was back on the plane for my final leg of the journey. I landed in Cleveland 25 minutes early and by the time I got to baggage claim I only had to wait a couple of minutes before my bags appeared. Getting home is always nice….until it fully sinks in that I’m not in Honduras anymore. That fact usually keeps me feeling pretty weepy on my first day. However, there was not time for weepy last night as I turned around to find Mike walking toward me complete with a very old VERY small blue suit, tie, and cap. In his hands was a sign that said LAUER across it. In all the traveling I’ve done I’ve always wanted to be one of those people that has someone waiting for them with a sign. I have NO idea why or what prompted this desire but for a few years I’ve longed to arrive at the airport and be greeted with a sign that says my name. Last night I not only got my wish for a sign but the stinkin boy arrived suit in all to be my “chauffer!” So I’m here… I’m safe… and I’m fully rested. J

No comments: