Monday, January 21, 2008

The Park

A week or so ago I decided to take the kids on a walk ...have an adventure of sorts. When we got off the property the kids started telling me about this park they wanted to go to. I had heard of it before but had never been to it. So I gladly relented and followed them down the road toward the park. It was about 1/2 mile from the house and for being so close to the house I couldn't believe I had never been there. It is far from National Park standards and probably wouldn't be considered "beautiful" to most people who walk into it. However, to a homesick heart the tall pines, creek, and greenery all around allowed me to pretend...even if just for a second....that I was at home. There is a playground area for the kids, pavilions, basketball fields, soccer fields, and hiking paths everywhere you look. Needless to say the kids loved it. We didn' thave long to stay last week so I promised to take them again soon. So, good to my word Saturday we packed up a picnic lunch and headed off once again. We spread our blanket out and had sandwiches, chips, and juice. It was a definite "pinch me to see if I'm awake moment" as I looked around at their smiling faces. Their laughter and giggles made my smile all the bigger. After lunch we spent hours just playing and goofing off. We picked black berries, caught lizards, played tag, and did all the fun things kids should do at the park. It was a wonderful day....one that I fully intend to repeat frequently from now on.



3 comments:

Sam said...

That looks like lots of fun! I want to go! ;) Can't wait to see you! Love you bunches!

S-city said...

ash sounds like fun but you and lizards I don't think so.

Ashley said...

Ha! Don't think I can handle lizards huh? You would be surprised the things I can handle now that I never could before.