Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Community

M. Scott Peck once said, “There can be no vulnerability without risk; there can be no community without vulnerability; there can be no peace, and ultimately no life, without community.”


I stumbled upon this quote today and I just really like it. God has been reminding me a lot lately just how important living in community truly is. I realize that more and more each day as I look at the amazing community of people He has placed around me. I am SO very blessed. However, I have realized lately just how badly I stink at the whole vulnerability part of being in a community. I tend to take the independent thing a bit too far and refuse to show my weaknesses. I've been struggling with my health a bit lately but in my own stubborn pride I've refused to truly let my community of people be there for me. Sooo, this is my way of saying THANK YOU to all of you who lift me up in prayer and surround me in love on a daily basis. And I'm sorry for not being better at letting you all in on the matters of my life. I love you all dearly.

No comments: