Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas

This years Christmas traditions were much different. My sister and her husband had to go to his family's Christmas the morning of Christmas so we got them that evening.

For the past 24 years I've woken up in my own house, opened gifts, ate an omelet (Daddy makes the best omelets), and then we go to my Aunt Cindy's house to have Christmas with the entire family.

This year my sister and her husband missed out on all that. I'm a tradition girl so this was hard for me to deal with. However, as I sat here surrounded by my family I remembered the importance of this season. It doesn't matter if we get up early and carry on our traditions. What matters is being together as a family. Most people aren't as blessed as I am. God has given me an amazing family and so many other blessings.
Some of my favorite moments of the day were watching Clayton with Grandma. We don't know how much longer she has to live and watching him make memories with her brought tears to my eyes.

Clayton helped EVERYONE unwrap their presents. He bounced from one place to another ripping wrapping paper from packages.
Bob and Whit had this made for my parents. Isn't it amazing.

No comments: