Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Hard work

We've all heard the some variation of the saying "you've got to work hard to play hard." Well I have experienced first hand what that saying feels like over the past 2 weeks. I was lucky enough to get to spend a week at home with my family for Thanksgiving but arrived back in Virginia Beach last Sunday evening ready to work again. Since that time I've worked NON-STOP! In 11 days time I will have worked a total of 157 hours. Oh yes, you read it right 157 crazy long hours in just 11 days. I fly out Friday morning bright and early to head home for a wedding. However, instead of coming back I get to stay and spend 2 1/2 weeks at home and then 10 days in Honduras! I have the world's best employers. They are far too kind to me. Believe me I realize how rare it is to get so much time off for the holidays and I'm thankful for the chance to spend some much needed time with my loved ones!

However, in the mean time I've had to work my butt off in order to be able to afford so much time off! So I've been working hard so that I could play hard for a month! :)

No comments: