Thursday, November 4, 2010

Halloween

This Halloween was a Halloween of firsts for me! As I mentioned, I went to a costume party for the first time this past weekend. Sunday brought another first....I got to hand out candy to actual trick-or-treaters who came to the door of our home. I was like a little kid on Christmas. It really is the little things in life that bring me joy! :) Every time a costume clad kid would make the climb up our front steps I could barely contain my excitement. I commented on each costume, smiled at every sweet little "trick-or-treat" voice, wished each and every child a happy halloween, and made small talk with all the waiting parents. When it comes to handing out candy I pretty much aced my performance! :)

I'm sure most of you think I'm crazy for getting this excited about handing out candy. However, let me remind you I live out in the country so we never had kids coming to our house for trick-or-treat. And again I say....it really is the little things in life.....:)
I realize these are the children I live with. I assure you I handed out candy to other kiddos....my camera just died before I got more pictures. Not to mention some of the parents might have been alarmed if a 25 year old girl was taking pictures of their children! :)

No comments: