Saturday, November 20, 2010

Harry Potter

If I said I LOVE Harry Potter would it make me sound young, dorky, and just flat out dumb? What if I tell you I fell in love with the Harry Potter series when I was handed the fist book back when I was 13 years old? Does that make it any better? Either way I don't care. The damage has been done. In my world J.K. Rowling is a phenomenal writer and deserves 100 awards for the work she has done in creating this make believe wizarding world. It is no secret that I LOVE to read and at 13 her books rocked my world. At that point I'd never read a book with such depth, imagery, imagination, and length.

I own all the books and have been at the theaters opening night (at 12:01 a.m.) for 4 of the 7 movies that have been released at this point. The most recent movie (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1) came out yesterday and I was there for the 12:01 showing. Addy flexed her good friend muscles and went with me. She enjoys the series but probably wouldn't choose to see it opening night on her own. Yet there we were an hour before the movie started getting popcorn and picking our seats in eager anticipation of the movie. Let me just say it was phenomenal! The movie had me crying, laughing (a lot!), and jumping in my seat. And like any good 2 part movie it left me with a burning anticipation for part two! How will I ever wait until June???

SO I'm encouraging each of you to read the books or at the very least watch the movies. :)

No comments: