Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! In the midst of football, over-indulging in food, the Macy's day parade, and other thanksgiving traditions I implore you to take time to really sit back and think through the things that you are thankful for.

I spent today at my Aunt Cindy's house surrounded by my amazing family. We had close to 70 people gathered together for the day. Coming from such a large family it makes me sad to think of other families who celebrate at Cracker Barrel or who don't even celebrate at all. For my family the holidays have always meant family....large, loud, and fun family get-togethers.

Maybe its the fact that I'm getting older or possibly its the fact that for the past 6 years I've been living away from home and have missed several holidays. Whatever the reason this year I spent a lot of time in contemplation. I remembered many past holidays and special events. I kept coming back to one main thought "how incredibly blessed I am." Not only do I have an amazing family but we have always had plenty to eat. (and let me tell you our family can cook!) Our blessing are infinite.

So this Thanksgiving Holiday I'm thankful for my family, friends, and just the numerous blessing God has blessed me with.

Happy Thanksgiving to each of you. I hope your Thanksgiving was as wonderful as mine.

No comments: